WHAT IS HAIR TRANSPLANTATION THERAPY?
Hair transplantation therapy provides a permanent, natural-looking solution to male pattern baldness. Follicles from areas of the scalp which still have hair are transferred via a simple surgical procedure to areas which are thinning or bald, resulting in a natural-looking, full head of hair.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT INVOLVE?
There are two methods use to achieve hair transplantation. Both use ‘donor hair’ follicles extracted from your own scalp, under a local anesthetic.
- FUT-follicular unit strip extraction
- FUE-follicular unit extraction
WHO SHOULD UNDERGO HAIR TRANSPLANTATION THERAPY?
Hair transplantation therapy can help address a receding or thinning hairline and can even stop hair loss altogether. Every case is different, so meeting for a private consultation with one of our experts will allow us to determine the type of treatment needed to achieve the results you want.
CONSIDERATIONS AND AFTERCARE
Your scalp will feel a little sore after the transplantation process, but most people recover fully after just a few days. After a few months, the transplanted hair will start growing through, leaving you with denser, natural-looking coverage.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY?
Anyone who has experienced permanent hair loss may be a candidate for hair restoration surgery, including:
- Men with male pattern baldness
- Women with female pattern hair loss
- Men or women who want to restore or change the shape of their hairline
- People with areas of scarring from injuries or “scarring” skin diseases, and also patients who experienced some hair loss after surgery, such as face lift procedures
- People who want to thicken or restore eyebrows, eyelashes, and beards
- Men and women who want hair in an area where they have little or no hair
Modern techniques of surgical hair transplantation can restore lost hair and replace or re-shape your hairline with your own natural, growing hair, which needs no more care than the ordinary washing, styling, and trimming you have always done. Transplantation can be done today so well that often a barber or stylist cannot even tell that grafts have been placed.